What is Available to Help Me Treat My Dry Eyes if Drops Don’t Help Me?
So you’ve tried the over-the-counter artificial drops and they don’t seem to help much. Is there anything else we can do to help you get rid of the stinging, burning, watering eyes?Thankfully, the answer to your question is, YES!
Here is a list of potential therapies that might help you:
- Doxycycline oral antibiotics.
- Plugging the tear outflow.
- Restasis or Xiidra anti-inflammatory eye drops.
- EZ tears nutritional supplements to help your body improve tear production.
- Eye lid cleansers to get rid of toxins along the eye lid margin.
- Hot moist heat applied to the eye lids.
- Steroid eye drops to control inflammation and pain.
- Bandage contact lenses.
- Night time goggles to prevent your eyes from drying out while you sleep.
- Serum tears. (These are made from your own plasma. It may sound extreme, but it is very helpful.)
- Updating your prescription in your glasses.
- Expression of the oil producing glands in your eye lid.
- Treatment of blepharitis (a low-grade infection of the lids and lashes).
- Lipoflow tear gland expression.
There are other options that I haven’t listed, but you get the idea. There are many potential therapies for treating dry eye problems. So, which one would work for you?There reality is, no therapy works for everyone. The cookie-cutter approach doesn’t work. We don’t know what will work for you until we have seen you face to face in the exam room. Call us at 307.265.7008 so we can help you. We look forward to your visit.