Statistically, over 10% of the population suffers from dry eyes at some level. Casper’s dry windy climate makes it worse. Many sufferers either don’t know they can do anything about their miserable dry eyes or they are using eye drops that don’t do much good.
Here are 5 of the common symptoms you might experience if your eyes are dry.
1. Your eyes water and blur up when you read.
2. The Wind and the Sun make your eyes water excessively.
3. It is uncomfortable to open your eyes in the morning.
4. Your eyes sting and burn at times.
5. Your vision fluctuates from one time of the day to another or from one day to another.
About 70-80% of dry eye problems are a result of a deficiency of the oil layer of the tear film. Meibomian glands are the producers of the oil layer and they are located in the upper and lower lids. If you have Meibomian gland dysfunction you don’t have to be miserable. There are multiple new and effective treatments for dry eyes.
If you suffer from any of these symptoms, call Jensen Eye Care for an appointment at 265-7008. We can help.